- 2003 Summer Universiade Daegu & sports events
- The 2003 Summer Universiade in Daegu was a remarkable event not only for EXCO but also for Daegu Metropolitan City. Since then, Daegu has been remembered and loved by global citizens as one of the premier sport and convention cities in the world, proving its qualification for hosting international events. During the 2003 Summer Universiade, EXCO was used as an event operation site in the role of the press center and meeting place. After successfully hosting the event, Daegu and EXCO were able to win the bid repeatedly for various sporting events, such as the IAAF World Championships in Athletics in 2011 and the World Masters’ Athletics Indoor Championships in 2017. In both of these, EXCO was utilized as a host venue. For the 2017 Indoor Athletics, EXCO was involved in a role as an official operator in transportation, accommodations, and tourism. Find out more about the World Masters’ Athletics Indoor Championships in 2017 at http://www.daegu2017.or.kr/eng/.
- 2004 International Solar Cities Initiative Congress & World Energy Congress 2013
- Daegu is one of the leading industrial cities in Korea, specializing in renewable energy. In 2004, EXCO hosted the International Solar Cities Initiative Congress, attracting more than 500 delegates from around the world. It was a cornerstone event in establishing a broad network for Daegu to host more international events related to the renewable energy industry. EXCO has organized the International Green Energy Expo and Conference and also hosted the World Energy Congress in 2013, which is the ‘grand slam’ of energy conferences. As an ‘energy specialist,’ we have also organized the International Green Energy Expo and Conference annually since 2004. See more details about the Green Energy Expo at http://www.energyexpo.co.kr/eng/.
- 2015 World Water Forum & Korea International Water Week (KIWW)
- The 7th World Water Forum took place in Daegu and Gyeongju over six days from April 12 to 17, 2015, under the overarching theme of ‘Water for our Future.’ Over 40,000 participants from water-related government agencies, international organizations, NGOs, academia, corporations, and media, representing 168 countries, attended approximately 400 sessions, marking the 7th World Water Forum as the largest in Forum history. EXCO played a role not only as a venue but also as an exhibition organizer (PEO). At the Expo and Fair, government agencies and water-related corporations from 39 countries presented innovative ideas at 1,015 booths. For more official reports, visit the 7th World Water Forum on the web at http://worldwaterforum7.org/main/. Thanks to the experiences of hosting this mega convention, EXCO will be a venue for the KIWW 2018, which will take place September 12 to 14.